Friday, March 7, 2008

The 12-hour cold

A little drawing/watercolor which was one of my first forays into painting, & a bouquet of roses I bought to celebrate moving out of my first apartment in Rochester & into my 5 months of addresslessness. (2005)


Okay, so I am still composing this on my old computer. I have my new computer--& a thing of beauty it is!--but it seems to have less, rather than more as I had hoped, of a wi-fi range. I can only pick up networks that are unavailable to me, being encrypted & all that. (I don't blame people for encrypting, for the record. Fine with me.) I just haven't been out coffee-shopping much lately, so I haven't gotten the new email/internet thing going with the tablet. Maybe I should name the new computer. Hmmm, will have to give that some thought.

Anyway, I've made some beauteous artworks on it, which I will send you sometime when wi-fi permits. I may not have the very best programs to fully utilize my talents & proclivities--which means mixing handwritten notes (some but not all converted to text) & pictures.

Asheville has continued to be all over the calendar in terms of weather--sun, snow, rain, warm, cold. No meatballs. (As in Cloudy with a Chance of...) No dancing girls. (As in hot & cold running...) But, heck, it's springtime in the southern mountains--this is exactly what it's "sposed" to be like. I like it.

I did have a 12-hour cold, potentially brought on by the rapid shifts in temperature. Sneezed around 8 p.m. so I sprayed my nose with this stuff that usually knocks out colds or sinus problems. (Nutrabiotic Nasal Spray & XClear both work great.) Woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat. Got up & sprayed my nose again & drank some water & some fizzy vitamin C drink (Emergen-C) & then got back in bed &--in my estimation--added the most important component: lay there intentionally & enthusiastically & in great detail appreciating the many fantastic details of my life, starting with my children. Woke up the next morning with a teeny-tiny sore throat residue & repeated all of the above & voila! Symptom-free. Or, should I say, symptomatic of health & well-being.

So now I'm off to get some more things done. Blessings upon you.

Blog alternative:
116. Lie there--or sit there--or walk there--& appreciate. Appreciate the way silk feels against your skin, & the taste of (insert favorite food here), & your best friend's laugh, & on & on & on &