Friday, February 15, 2008

In honor of postmarks

I had great intentions yesterday, of sending you all a valentine's message. Alas--or not alas, rather--I was having too much fun.

Which segues rather nicely into the message I was going to send you:
Be Your Valentine!
After all, you can't love anyone more than you love yourself. Not even as much.


I actually did send my kids & my parents valentines. Even postmarked before the date. Not much before the date, actually. Not enough to actually ensure that they received the valentines on the 14th o Feb, but postmark has to count for something, right? Not only did I send valentines, but each one was custom designed & hand drawn! Yay me.

In honor of postmarks, I send an image I did for the postcard show at the Crossings Gallery a few years ago.

For those of you in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Montana or some other state with crappy weather right now, you may want to skip the following little paragraph.

It's partly cloudy with a high of 66 degrees (that's ABOVE zero) today. So beautiful. We get enough cold weather to appreciate the warmth that peaks through each month, but not much more than that.

You can tell by lack of transitions that I'm still a little shaky on blogging.

I suppose I should periodically explain the whole Blog alternative thing. If you so desire, go back to 18 April 2007 & see the genesis. The basic theory is this: you probably have better things to do than reading my blog, so in my blog (this makes no sense, really) I give you ideas for things other to do than reading the blog. Of course, you can't see my suggestions without reading my blog, so you may be better off coming up with your own ideas. Grin.

Blog alternative:
114. Send a postcard to someone. Even someone who lives in your own house. (Ooh, if you live alone in your house, send one to you. See how nicely that ties in with the beginning of the post!)