Friday, February 1, 2008

Slacker babe scam--purposefully lowballs January posts

Remember last November--or was it December?--when I noticed I was posting 10 times in October & 11 in November & probably 12 in December & thinking that made January look grim? Then I had these computer issues & didn't post until January 11. (Blog alternative 111 on 1/11!) Well, I did get my computer back from the computer guy sometime in the middle of the end of the month & I even came up with some ideas to blog about a couple days ago--& then I remembered that little joke about 1 post in the first month of the year...

So now you now the sordid truth. Sorry. Kinda sorta...

I got my computer back, but not my emails. Mozilla ate my emails. (Sounds like a Japanese horror flick, doesn't it?) It actually didn't eat them, it swallowed them whole & spit them out & won't have anything to do with them. So, if you ever sent me a "keeper" email, it's gone. Very sad. I'm hoping some Thunderbird-savvy friend will be able to retrieve them someday.

In the meantime, if you'd like to email me something, that would be great, because the address book died along with it...

I think I've forgotten how to blog. It's probably Mozilla's fault. Anyway, I'm not feeling all transition-y, so I'll just leap from topic to topic.

Here's some news! Give it a listen. My slippery wi-fi has been pretty slippery, so I haven't heard it yet. Tony at StarShipSofa contacted me at the beginning of the year, saying "Infinity Syrup" (my first pro sale, The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction) was a "firm favorite" story of his & would I give permission for them to podcast it. I said heck, yeah!

StarShipSofa science fiction podcast

... Norman Spinrad, Ian MacDonald, JD Nordley, Gweneth Jones, Alastair Reynolds, Jerry Pournelle, Landon Jones, John Varley, Pat Murphy, John Kessel, Laurel Winter, Jeff Vandermeer, Kevin J Anderson, Bradley Denton and Matthew Hughes. ...

I've written & painted & straightened & purged (without any binges) & worked as a carpenter's assistant & had my car in & out of the shop (it's back!) & started looking at real estate listings again. Soon I'll remember how to blog again. This is just a test drive. You can ignore it.

Except--

I do remember how to do the important part.

Blog alternative:
112. Redecorate your heart. Put new curtains up--or new windows & doors. Clear out clutter. Do you really need all those long dead corsages from high school dances? Let go of all the people you have locked in little cubby holes without their consent--or perhaps their knowledge.

I took down all the walls on my heart & got rid of the furniture completely, so you could dance in it. Now I've decided to put a gazebo in the middle--I'm obsessed with gazebos, for some reason; I keep fantasizing about putting one in my living room--since there will still be plenty of room to dance. Not just any gazebo--a stained glass gazebo. It'll be like sitting inside a Tiffany lamp, but in a good way. Stop by & sit a spell, if you'd like.