Sunday, June 3, 2007

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do...

A pessimist plucks one petal from a daisy, says, "She loves me not." He tosses it aside without plucking another petal, thinking, just as I thought.

An optimist starts with "He loves me" and keeps plucking if a daisy ends up on "...loves me not." As many daisies as it takes to give the desired, required answer.

Some people--planners? control freaks? Over-analysts? I don't know exactly what to call them--count the petals in advance, divide by two, decide whether or not to add in reverse psychology, figure out where to start.

And now, no matter what type you are, I want you to imagine an infinite meadow of daisies, as far as the eye can see, and farther. (Bigger than the field of poppies in The Wizard of Oz.) This is my daisy meadow and every petal you pick, no matter who you are, is "She loves me."

She loves me. She loves me. As many petals as you want to pick. Fill the ground with petals. That is the natural order here. Petals like confetti, if you like. She loves me. She loves me. She loves me. Mark the path to the meadow. These aren't any ordinary daisies, or any ordinary love. This is infinite, eternal, immeasurable, unconditional love. She loves me.

And then, if you don't have one already, turn over a little ground in the field of your heart, and start a daisy meadow. I love me. I love me. I love me.
Infinite, eternal, immeasurable, unconditional love. I love me.

I hope this isn't too hearts and flowers for you. I can't help it; I've just had another Laurel sort of day. (Funny how I keep having them, isn't it?)

Blog alternative:
55. Based on a phone call with my friend Cathy in Seattle: Sort through your mind (or your living room) & put nonessential things in neat boxes at the side of the room so you have room to deal with the important things you really want & need to do. (Hey, if you're really motivated, even throw away the nonessential things that are really nonessential & not just not now.)