Friday, June 1, 2007

Tennessee--isn't that where they make the tuxedoes?

A thunderstorm is teasing us. I hope it's still teasing us anyway, & will drop more than the several teaspoons of rain it has deigned to bestow thus far.

I am not going to linger here, but will head out walking, in the hopes that the thunderstorm will think Aha! a pedestrian emerging from an internet coffee shop with a backpack. Probably a computer inside. I think I'll get her wet. I'll even hide my umbrella before I get out where the clouds can see me.

The neighbors saw a black snake with white spots on its sides slither into a hole under a stump in my yard. I hope I get to see it.

Everyone sing along: Happy Birthday to you--etcetera, etcetera--Dear Donna--etcetera, etcetera.

Lots of love to you all. Happy June.

Quote of the day:
"People suck at driving in the rain."
"I know. Rain equals stupid. Like orange equals stupid."
"Orange?" (Which is what I was wondering, too.)
"Construction."

Blog alternative:
54. Get out an atlas and study an area of the world--or the country--that you're not familiar with. Figure out what borders Tennessee or Tanzania or somesuch.