Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Eating off the walls

Yesterday I vacuumed the ceiling. Then the walls. By the time I was done, the walls were clean enough to eat off, if you had food that would stick to them, which would have meant that they weren't clean any more...

The walls would definitely pass the white glove test--because sheet rock dust is white. Grin. Vacuuming only goes so far, as a shop vac is not exactly a hepa filter device.

We'd just done a little sheet rock sanding in the Cockpit, a room that used to be a dirty ole tool storage room & is now an awesome lil meditation space/art studio/guest quarters. The next guest to be thus quartered (so far the only guest to have the honors) is my son Nick. This will be his third installment in the Cockpit, which has progressed slowly & is now about done. We didn't get it painted yet, & we don't want to fume him out, so it shall not occur before this visit. Maybe later in the season. More likely in the spring. Who knows. I'll drape a sheet against the wall where Nick's head shall be so he doesn't end up as a cue tip.

Yay Nick! Fun shall be had.

I've had a song running through my mind for the last whiles. "Garden Party" by Ricky Nelson. (I have a particular affinity for Ricky Nelson, because my aunt, Ellen Louise, who is only 5 years older than I am, has always said I have Ricky Nelson lips. It is true!) Anyway, I show up at poker on Monday night & what comes up on satellite radio but that very song. So fun. I give you the chorus & invite you to listen to the song.

"But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.
You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself"

Chairs I bought at an auction a while back
(Not the most comfortable chairs in the universe--
UNTIL I added little lumbar support mesh thingies
from Goodwill. Now they rock. 
I'm guessing they originally came in a set of 8,
based on the shape.)

Blog alternative:
241. Look up the lyrics to an old song that runs through your mind. Maybe play it on Pandora. You can use my song if you'd like.