Friday, March 13, 2015

The day after Thursday the 12th

Haven't titled this lovely yet. One of my acrylic paintings
that has been languishing in a box. I'm going to take some
artwork to Minicon. Perhaps she'll be there...
I guess you can count on Friday the 13th to get me blogging.

I've been busy working on a new writing project--just started in late-ish February & I have over 15,000 words. Lots of fun as well. It took my energies away from blogging, but I won't complain.

A lovely spring day here in Rochester. I've been wandering the downtown in my shirtsleeves, & a very fine shirt it is, crinkly translucent orange with ruffles and cool bell-shaped cuffs. Plus I got a haircut. I know how to celebrate Friday the 13th.

One of the other things I did since I visited with you last is transfer a BUNCH of old manuscripts to my handy dandy new organizational system: sheet protectors & binders. I had to go to Staples for more sheet protectors & they happened to have humongous, high-quality binders on sale. I got a couple of 3-inchers for $3 each & a 5-incher (I had no idea they made binders in that size) for $4. I'm putting 2 manuscripts per sheet protector, one facing each way. It will be easy to flip through & see what I have. I'm doing the same with cool informational material I've collected over the years.

I'm sitting near a living wall, exchanging my carbon dioxide for some of the plants' waste product: oxygen.

& now, see ya. Back to my novel.

Blog alternative:
295. Hang out near a nice plant (& really, aren't they all?) & deliberately share your breath.