Monday, November 21, 2011

Pterodactyl Diphthongs & other dread beasts

I chose a photo of words because--aside from the lovely message--I am celebrating words. The last time I participated in a spelling bee was when I was in the 8th grade. (Nigh onto 40 years ago, come spring.) There's a bar in Asheville called Olive or Twist (very cute, don't you think?) that has just begun having spelling bees. $3 entry fee; winner takes all. I made $45! (If you don't count the slice of red velvet cake & the very generous tip. If you count that, I made $35.)

Anyway, it's kinda sorta late here--the bell is striking 11; wee willie winkie is having conniption fits--so I shall make this a baby post.

Blog alternative:
217. Spell a hard word out loud. If you're hanging around with others, have someone else give you a word to spell.