Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Flirting with the most adorable little backhoe

Hold the handrail...

This resolution to put one photo per blog may cause my brain to explode. I've take nearly 6000 pictures since I got my camera. A bunch of those are deleted before the camera & the computer hook up, but still...

The decisions! A shadow picture? One of the cool bench pictures? More flowers? Bicycles? (Parked bicycles make particularly wonderful twirly photos, as you will see in a future post, I'm sure.) Heavy equipment? (Since my daddy was (& still is, although not as primary occupation anymore) a heavy equipment operator, I have a fond place in my heart for the big machines. Also for the little machines that look like the big machines. I was driving along Chestnut Street a few weeks ago & a couple guys were blocking the road for a while--backhoe issues. Some of the people behind me turned around & went on a different street, but I waited, not just patiently but deliciously. When they'd finally done what they needed to do & got out of the way, I pulled up beside them & rolled down my window. They probably expected a pissed-off-motorist-diatribe, instead I said, "That is the most adorable little backhoe!" They laughed & laughed & off I drove.)

Blog alternative:
188. While you are waiting--a red light, someone slowly crossing a street, a left-turner ahead of you--find something to enjoy. Appreciate the opportunity.